Sunday, June 10, 2012
It IS IN you!
It’s not in me.
I cannot do this; it’s too hard.
I don’t have the strength.
I don’t have the patience.
I can’t conquer this.
It’s not in me to forgive.
It’s not in me to love.
How many times have you said those or similar things or heard someone else say them?
What do you need today? Strength? Power? Patience? Love? A forgiving attitude? Courage to conquer an addiction or thought pattern? Or maybe something else?
Whatever battles you face each day, I’m here to encourage you: you can withstand them. You can be an overcomer! You can win! You can conquer! You can be the victor! If you have welcomed Christ to live in your heart, then all you need is IN you.
* The Truth is IN you.
* Eternal Life is IN you.
* The love of God is IN you.
* The mind of Christ is IN you.
* When all is dark, His light is IN you.
* Through His Word, His joy is IN you.
* If you believe, the word of God works effectively IN you.
* When you abide in Him, His Living Word abides IN you.
* “God is working IN you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.” (Phil. 2:13 NLT)
* You can conquer because “The Spirit who lives IN you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.” (1 John 4:4 NLT)
* God began the good work IN you and will continue until it is “finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” (Phil. 1:6 NLT)
When Christ is IN you, you can do all things through Him.
Paul said that the overwhelming victory of Christ is yours (1 Cor. 15:57) and you are more than a conqueror through Him. (Rom. 8:37) To be more than a conqueror is to gain a surpassing victory.
How do you gain this surpassing victory? All you need is already IN you, “for the kingdom of God is inside you,” (Luke 17:21b Phillips), because Christ lives IN you (Col. 1:27). All you need to do is make withdrawals.
Christ’s strength has not diminished. He is our Victor! We can have victory, because God “always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ.” (2 Cor. 2:14a NIV)
Be encouraged: Go forward into this day with all the Lord has placed IN you.
It IS IN you! You CAN do it!
“Christ IN you, the hope of glory.” (Col 1:27 NKJV)